Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dec.7 2010.. catching up..

Dec. 7 2010..
Second morning waking up in my bed, tally mark for day number two.. woke up to most beautiful sunrise I have seen in weeks outside my bedroom window. The strongest blazes of reds and orange clouds with the golden streaks setting fire to the bottom right above the trees over the empty streets so early yet. I opened my window to feel the chill of morning and let myself be captivated, melting into the beautiful bliss of morning, thankful to be alive and able to experience every perception of the magic taking place, broken leg or not it was amazing and I am grateful for it.. But still so much to catch up on.. After they discharged me from the hospital that Friday, Jack and Julie came to help us get our stuff together before they loaded me in and drove me to Sean’s parents house, Deb and Dave, which is right down the road. I was feeling miserable that day.. had tried to eat breakfast and threw up everything that morning, not able to shake the nausea that stayed with me throughout the day, I finally settled myself on the couch in front of the fire place and passed out. So grateful to be in a beautiful, warm home that wasn’t the hospital.. the conclusion to one of my worst weeks so far I think. Julie took jim to go shopping for my ensure and to fill my prescriptions while Dave took watch over me while I slept. I woke up on and off until Deb came home from work and we were all finally together resting and waiting for Sean to get home. I was thrilled he was coming and just thinking about it made me feel better. Thankful our flight wasn’t until Sunday so we would have the whole weekend.. For Jim and I. Deb made dinner and we all visited until he pulled up around 9.. I cannot explain the butterflies in my stomach but I was so happy. Dish came over and we all stayed together watching movies in the living room, Sean massaging my feet and ankles to help the circulation through the tight stockings I have to wear to keep my blood from clotting. When everyone went to bed, he slept in the recliner chair next to the couch in case I needed anything. It was a miserable night, just as the others but I kept him from waking and suffered through the sweating and the chills and the spasms until it was late enough in the morning to get up. It was snowy beautiful morning in the living room, we were on the couch when Deb woke up and started coffee.. and oh my goodness I cannot explain how amazing it smelled… Finally was I able to have a cup of deliciousness and it didn’t taste half bad with my baby formula breakfast. Dave was given the honors to give me my daily stomach shot.. something I would like to start to start getting used to VERY soon.. and everyone continued with their mornings. Breakfast was made along with some more amazing coffee.. Sean massaged my back until Jim woke up and they were able to leave to go pack up my things from Dornans. Since I could not stay I would be storing everything in the Meridian building in town until I got back, taking with me only a few things that I would need at home for the time I was there. While they were gone I took another amazing shower, propping myself up on a deck chair with a towel to keep from slipping… it was heaven. I must have spent an hour in there between freezing cold and scalding waters immersed in soapy bliss and happiness. I felt amazing putting on fresh cool clothes that Deb let me borrow while my clothes were washing and I climbed into the couch smiling as we shared stories and listened to Mumford and sons <3 The boys got back and I went through everything, we packed it up, made lunch, arranged everything for the flight the next day and finally settled down for the evening my warm, happy Jackson family, my sweet brother and my wolf pack ;) Tyler and Dish came over as well and we all snuggled in the tiny room for the night spending the last few moments together until who knows when. I know how badly I want to get back, but I do not know how fast I can get this leg to cooperate.. shooting for new years seems insane, but it is the only way to go. Even if I cannot fly back I will be better somehow by then.. so who knows? Summer is going to come no matter what and it is going to be wonderful and beautiful and I will definitely be better by then so when it comes to worries I do not have so many. It is just hard because I miss my family there.. seems as if I cannot get enough of either. The night went to quickly, the same as the last, and before we knew it we were packing up for the trip to the airport.. the beginning of another trialing, miserable day.. the pain of moving and flying was unbearable, but the sadness and emptiness that fell from my eyes the whole ride to the airport hurt so much more. Even though Sean was holding my hand and telling me how everything was going to be alright I could not help but cling to every snowflake and beautiful hillside covered in white sunrise we passed the whole way. It hurt.. and my dearest journal it still hurts.. the vision so clear even through the tears.. why does it have to hurt every time you have to leave.. ahhh.. but you cannot stop it, and we made it to the airport.. and after some very sad good-byes made it on the plane.. I do not think I will forget that horrible day of flying so I do not feel the need to describe it in depth, but I cannot express the relief of finally feeling fresh air and being in the car on the way home.. What I had been dreading I was thankful for. My bed was even more magical.. my sweet, yellow room mom had made beautiful and I cried myself to sleep underneath my golden silk canopy.
The first day went fine.. I woke up, took my pills, my shot, my vitamins, my ensure, did some walking, some stretching.. slept the previous day away and tried not to think about Jackson or anyone.. which was impossible. It was wonderful to see Carlee when she stopped by, and it felt good to read with mom to keep me distracted.. So easily do I let myself slip into the overwhelming task I now have to overcome before I can have my life back.. way too easily do the tears come when my leg starts throbbing and I don’t have Sean to be there telling me everything is going to be alright.. Today has been better, I am so grateful to have Carlee who came by again today and everyone who sends their thoughts and sweet cards.. Mom and I did chair yoga today, it feels wonderful to stretch.. It is cold but a beautiful day to watch the sky and the mountains. So thankful am I to live where I do with my mountains even if it is to remind me of what I am working towards <3

1 comment:

  1. You have an amazing spirit Savanah, a wonderful way with words, an incredible story to tell and yes, a new purpose for your life. Thank you for bravely and openly sharing your thoughts, pains and trials. You are inspiring. Here's wishing you peace to realize that you are exactly where you need to be, surrounded by a family that loves you, and that the time to roam and follow your heart will return soon enough, but now is the time to simply accept and enjoy the love of those around you while you build strength and recover. Best wishes, Paul Webb

    ReplyDelete